I hope you all had a better start into 2014 then me. I got a bad cold, so I couldn’t start working on my UFO’s yet.
Anyhow this pattern I saw in burda style 12/13 and I just had to try it. Its pattern #119 AB.
I cut the sleeves and 1 of the waistband-parts, then I folded the selvedges into the middle and cut the front part in fold, same as the back part and the second waistband part
first I pinned the back neckline and sewed
now I folded the front as marked in the pattern
folded the facing over and pinned the shoulder parts together and sewed
now pinned the front and back shoulder seams together and sewed
then I pinned the open sleeve from marking to marking to top and front, on both sleeves and sewed
next I folded the front and back on top of each other, right side inside and pinned the side-seam and sleeve seam
then I pinned the side seams of the waistband-parts and sewed
then pinned the waistband part to the bodice, sewed
and then hemmed the bodice and sleeves
This was a really fast project, I used a stretch-velvety fabric that does not fray so I did not need to use any overedging or my serger.
I hope this was helpful for you, I probably make another top like this, but it will not become one of my favorite patterns. Burda said to do an elastic in the waist, which I didn’t do, I liked the overall look better that way, and I am short waisted, so the elastic would have been at the wrong place anyhow;) If there are any questions left, please let me know.
keep sewing and smiling