Here is the next part of me unpacking after my bicycle tour! This time I show you what I had in the first of my 2 front panniers. With my personal opinions about the gear, what I will take again and what I might change next time. By the way, I bought all my gear for the price anyone would have paid, and I do not get paid to say anything of the following.
As with the other posts, you can watch me unpack and talk about the things in the video:
So what did I have in my pannier?
- Maps: For the bicycle routes by BIKELINE, Hamburg by adfc, and some maps I got given on campgrounds of the area with a lot of advertisement on them 😉
- self-sewn sunhat. I get easily sunburn and sunstroke, I still did not wear this for the whole tour, since I kept my bicycle cap on my head. So I probably will not pack this again. Or maybe for my “rest-day-outfit”, it is very light and does not take up much space.
- Zlok by HIPLOK. These are small locks you can close like zip ties and open up again with a key. I often use them to lock my helmet to my bicycle, so I do not have to carry it around. I did not use them this time but will retake them.
- FIXPLUS straps. In addition to bungee cords, they come in handy when you need something strapped and secured to your bicycle. Will pack them again.
- TRONO chair. I do like this chair a lot. Since I had a lot of rainy and misty days, I only used it once. So I am thinking of replacing it with a more weatherproof camping chair. I still like this a lot and will use it for other trips and tours.
- my cooking set up: pot with lid/pan by Overmont, stove by Hikenture, self-sewn pot-holder and gas
Do you have any questions about the things I carried around in this pannier? Do you have any questions about my tour in general? Do not hesitate to ask!
Next week I will show you what is in the second front pannier.
keep exploring and smiling