happy new year! I hope you all have a wonderful new year, with lots of creativity, crafting and sewing!
Thanks to the holidays I only got to start at the winning pattern of burda 01/15:
I decided to do a 2 color version, so something in between the uni-color and the 3 color version in the magazine. Then I started copying the pattern pieces out of the pattern-sheets, there are 15 parts, on 2 different pattern sheets, so it took a lot longer then I thought.
the first 6 pattern parts, with added seam allowance, I added 2cm to all hems, but 5cm to the sleeve hems, since most patterns have to short sleeves for my arms
the next 7 parts
and the last 2
I cut the front and back-parts and the front-facing out of a dark brown fabric
and the sleeve-parts, side-part, shoulder-and-neck-parts, and the back-facing out of an orange fabric
I know its only 13 parts, 2 are lining pattern-parts, I will cut the lining later, when the jacket is almost finished, so I have a better feeling for what I have to consider.
Well I hope this was helpful for you, let me know if you have any questions! Next steps will be uploaded next week.
keep sewing and smiling