I noticed lots of bloggers talk about something with jumpsuits in june, so this project really seems to be fitting. This week starting with the pattern, next week I will do the cutting. I already can’t wait to wear it, also because I will use a nice fabric I designed myself…
I started with copying out the pattern and adding seam allowance. I usually use 1cm seam allowance, but since the sides of the top-parts are open edges in the end, its more like a hem, so I did 1.5cm. Same with that little facing piece for the top corner of the triangle
the pattern requires a seam in the centre front, which I do not like, and since the back has a side parts I decided to do a middle part and 2 side parts in the front instead
I started by drawing a straight line for the centre front
then I did draw a line in the middle of the part
then took the mm from the centre front split them in 2 and drew them next to the new line
for now I did add seam allowance all around, besides the centre front which will be cut in fold… I get back to this later
because I going to cut the middle part of the front in fold I wanted to do the same with the back, so I straightened the centre back then added seam allowance all around, but not to the centre back
when I cut the front parts from the paper, I cut the new seam as well
then taped the parts onto another paper and added seam allowance
the top parts
the pant parts where only printed with the top parts on the pattern sheet, with measurements how much longer each line should get. I already added 2 cm to that numbers, even though this is a tall size, the normal measurement would not be long enough for high heels.
then I added seam allowance and 8cm hem allowance, just in case, so I could make it even longer if needed
the finished pant parts with the pockets.
I am so looking forward to sewing this… I just cant wait. If you have any questions about the pattern or my changes to it, do not hesitate to ask!
keep sewing and smiling